History, Vision and Mission
The White Stone Association is a non-profit association. It was founded in Lisbon in 2004.
Since 2006 it has been developing its activities in the community project Mount of Oaks, a farm. The initiatives undertaken have been of social and ecological intervention. The project is based on Permaculture and monastic principles, recognizing that physical, emotional and spiritual well-being is closely linked to nature and social relationships.
The association has the aims of promoting health and personal, social, spiritual and ecological well-being through contact with nature. Our main goals are:
- Creation of a collaborative space to promote social, economic and spiritual well being.
- Model and educate about the advantages of a ‘simple lifestyle’ and raise awareness of current environmental issues.
- Encourage rural ‘ecological educational tourism’ in a sustainable manner, respecting the cultural and local resources
- Offering accommodation in naturally construction buildings and natural camping opportunities.
- Promote healthy choices for the consumption and production of local, organic produce.
- Promote intercultural and inter-generational collaboration.
Why become a White Stone Associate?
By being an associate you have the opportunity to participate in the Mount of Oaks project, promoting and benefiting from the activities developed. By supporting the association White Stone, you are not only supporting the people who live permanently at the farm, but also all those who benefit from space, events, retreats and courses, including all plants and animals that find refuge in this piece of hallowed soil . You will be also supporting a model for an alternative lifestyle that serves as hope and inspiration for the region and other communities in the world.
The advantages of being a White Stone associate include reduced prices on products, services, community events and courses organized by Mount of Oaks. Being an associate offers the real possibility of being an active participant in the project – you can use the space and make suggestions for collaboration or events.
What is asked of you as an Associate?
- a) Paying the annual joining fee of 25€;
- b) Help us to promote our ethos, events and educational opportunities.
Why we need Associates?
We need income to run the association and to create the conditions for a open and participartory project that has local and international roots.
What are the annual costs of running the association?
- a) Administrative costs: bank account, accountant, publicity etc. 700€
- b) Communication costs: website, telephone, internet, etc. 600€
To receive the application form, please send us an email to email@example.com, with the title ‘associate’ and we will send you the form!
Caixa Geral de Depositos – “Associacao White Stone”
IBAN PT50 0035 0339 00059421630 49
BIC SWIFT CGDIPTPL